You often hear a lot of questions about the difference between blending and juicing; in fact, there is a lot of debate whether a blender is much better than a juicer or otherwise. But, what is the difference between juicing and blending? According to the experts, the process of extracting the nutrients and water from vegetables or fruits while neglecting the fibers that are indigestible is called juicing.
Blending, on the other hand, is the process of converting the entire vegetable or fruit, including the fiber and skin, into a liquid form. So, which is process will give the most nutrition? Juicing and blending of fruits or vegetables are both beneficial with the following advantages:
- Both provide easy absorption of vitamins and minerals from fruit and vegetables.
- Both can maximize the consumption of good food such as vegetables, greens, fruits, and even superfoods.
- Both do not heat up enzymes, which are important when it comes to detoxification.
However, according to several health and foodie experts, blending is much valuable than juicing; below are the reasons why:
- Unlike juicing, the skin is also included when blending fruits or vegetables.
These skins contain fibers which are important for a healthy digestion. It helps flush out the toxins from the body and provides a healthier and cleaner digestive system.
- Due to slow release or absorption of nutrients of blended fruits or vegetables into the bloodstream, any possibilities of blood sugar spike decreases. Additionally, since smoothies take too long to be processed inside the body, it gives you enough energy for a longer period of time. Plus, it helps delay any food cravings in the later part of the day since blended fruits or vegetables can make you feel full.
- In a study done by food scientists in Texas A and M University back in 2012, they have found out that blending of fruits or vegetables has more benefits than juicing.
According to the study, by using grapefruit as their subject, it produces more phytonutrients. These phytonutrients help fight off diseases and helps the body work properly. Additionally, blending of grapefruits contains naringin seven times higher. Naringin is a flavonoid which is a known anti-cancer property, an anti-inflammatory agent, and antioxidant. Also, the naringin helps treat people with diabetes. These benefits are only possible by blending of grapefruit than juicing them.
- Blending can offer a more sustainable dietary lifestyle.
- The blending of fruits or vegetables is far more efficient meal replacement than drinking juice.
- You can add other healthy ingredients when making smoothies.
BlThe blending of vegetables or fruits is much easier than juicing, because it requires less preparation since you do need to peel some of the fruits or vegetables.
Bottom Line Juice and blended fruits or vegetables are both good for human health. However, according to studies, you gain more nutrients with blending than juicing. Nonetheless, if you have other plans, like reducing weight, adding both fresh juice and blended fruits or vegetables to your regular diet will provide you a positive result. If you have plans on buying the blenders, best recommendations are found at this website https://blenditnutrition.com/best-ninja-blender .